Weldbond® is 3rd party certified by EcologoTM to be environmentally safe. Weldbond® universal adhesive has been approved under CCD – 046 General Adhesives and was the first adhesive in North America to be certified by EcologoTM. What this means is that the consumer can trust that Weldbond® products have been held to strict standards and have passed.
What is EcoLogoTM Certification?
EcoLogoTM is North America’s most widely recognized and respected certification of environmental leadership. By setting standards and certifying products in more than 120 categories, EcoLogoTM helps you identify, trust, and buy environmentally preferable (“green”) goods and services. The EcoLogoTM Certification process establishes stringent guidelines and criteria against which products and services are assessed based on the entire lifecycle of a product or service.
Weldbond® must meet the following criteria to have been EcologoTM certified:
1) Not be formulated or manufactured with aromatic solvents;
2) Not be formulated or manufactured with borax;
3) Not be formulated or manufactured with formaldehyde;
4) Not be formulated or manufactured with any halogenated solvent;
5) Not be formulated or manufactured with mercury, lead, cadmium, hexavalent chromium or their compounds;
6) Not contain volatile organic compounds in excess of 5% by weight as measured by:
- EPA Method 24-24A, 40 C.F.R., Part 60, Appendix A (1991);
- Method 18,48 Federal Register 48, no. 202, October 18, 1983;
- Method 1400 NIOSH Manual of Analytical Methods, Volume 1, February 1984;
- Environmental Protection Agency Method 8240 GC/MS Method for Volatile Organics; September
- As demonstrated through calculation from records of the amounts of constituents used to make the
Note: In the case of multi-component adhesives, the VOC content should be calculated after the
components have been mixed together to produce the final product.
7) Be accompanied by detailed instructions for proper application so as to minimize health concerns and maximize performance; and
8) Be accompanied by information describing proper disposal.
9) In addition the packaging , bottles, labels, cartons etc. have to environmentally friendly.
To view EcologoTM certified products, click here.